Saturday 31 May 2008

Tagged!

Last week tavi tagged me to pick my 3 'perfect life' catwalk looks. It has taken a while because although I keep an eye on what's happening in the designer world, I don't monitor obsessively or follow any particular designers as I know that such things are so far from my life that it can only lead to an appearance of the green-eyed monster! Also, once you start to look, there's so much of it.

Here are the rules:
1. Choose runway pictures from ANY season you like and choose 3 outfits for Day, Evening & Party.
2. Briefly explain why and state the name of the designer & which season the outfit is from.
3. Tag 3 other bloggers once you are done and let them know by posting a comment on their blog.

So first of all, I'm going to cheat! I'm going to pick several looks for each and then maybe nominate a favourite, and secondly I'm going to limit myself to recent seasons, because otherwise I'll be there for years!

Day:



These are Chloe AW 2008, Luella AW 2008, Chloe AW 2008, Topshop SS 2008, H&M AW 2008. Typical me, I prefer the H&M one over the designer ones!

Evening:



These are DKNY AW 2008, Luella AW 2008, Chloe AW 2008. I am loving the combination of navy and black for next season. I can't pick a favourite because I am torn between something close to my regular style (the first one) and what I'm thinking about for the future.

Party:



These are DKNY AW 2008, Chloe SS 2007, DKNY AW 2008. I love cute little mini-dresses, despite rapidly approaching the age when I can no longer pull them off. I think the red one is my favourite because of the colour and the lovely shape.

I tag:
The Clothes Horse
Camille (Childhood Flames)
Annah (fashion art and mess)

6 comments:

annah said...

thanks for the tag!
i-like you- haven't kept up with designers, so i'm sure it'll be really inspiring!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh, this is so cruel! Thanks for tagging me and I really like your picks--but to choose the perfect looks and then not to be allowed to have then...agh! Still excited to window shop though. ^_^

Ella Gregory said...

I do love a bit of Chloe!
And I'm also in love with all Luella collections.

Tavi said...

Great choices! I'd never looked into Luella, but now I think I will.
And you're right, I could be looking at runway collections for ages! It's so, well, fascinating though!

CAT KHAN said...

hello! i was wondering if you could add me on your blogroll? http://knighttcat.blogspot.com/
i will add you!

great blog
xxx

Adri said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what Annah and The Clothes Horse come up with. I'm glad you liked my picks, and thanks to Tavi for the tag :-)

Knight Cat, I generally don't add blogs that are really brand new because so many are started and then peter out when people's real lives get in the way. I'll bookmark your blog and keep reading, and then assuming you're still writing in a few weeks, I would be happy to add you to my list. This is a tip I have picked up from other bloggers to save having to keep re-editing the blogroll.